Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This is hard to say.

Hello all. This is your friendly blogger here. I am writing to tell you some news.

I regret to inform you that I will not be swimming this year. I allowed external factors to affect my academics. My grades dropped to make me one point away from being athletically eligible. Therefore, I can not swim. I have spoken with my coach and he told me that although I can swim after the marking period ends, he wouldn't suggest it because that would mean I would only swim for a month or two.
However, because of my close ties with the team, I have decided that I will go to every single meet. And I guess I will make them classic cookies. I know that it will be difficult seeing all of my old teammates and my friends swimming, like they always do. But I will be there for them because they are my friends and my family.
Telling people that I am not swimming, and saying why has been very difficult. More like extrmely difficult. My grades dropped because of factors involving my sexuality, mostly. My hetereosexual friends can't understand how these things can affect a person. It feels like since I was one point away from being elegibable, that I am "lower class" than all of my friends. It's just hard having to deal with all of this stuff. It is. I need help dealing with it, that I will admit. But still that's my situation.

Also, I will still be working on my project involving sexuality on athletic teams and locker rooms. I have been talking with athletes, coaches, and others about it. Therefore, it is being worked on.

I believe that is all for now. Talk soon,
Christopher

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be swimming this year. I do understand how your sexuality and dealing with it can affect your grades - I had the same issue, to the point that my high school GPA was much worse than it was in college or even grad school. But I made my high school grades into a motivating factor to do better in college, and you can do the same for the rest of the year and for your senior year.

    I'm also glad to see you posting again. I thought that maybe you had lost interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good that you can focus on the positives from not being able to swim, give it time, you will be comfortable in your own skin, and others will sense your confidence and the issues will fade away, as they see for who you are not who you like. Stick at it, You will succeed!!

    ReplyDelete