Friday, January 13, 2012

A shweet way to end Christmas...or not.

Sorry I haven't updated recently. Life has gotten busy. School stuff, a boyfriend, and a car accident. On Christmas Day night, I was leaving my grandmother's house in a rural town called Jordan. In New York obviously. A tough road in the day time if you have never driven it. I was driving at night, and icy. I saw an animal severed, almost went head on into a guard rail in
Jordan, you can't always be sure what is beyond the guard rail, and turned the car enough to align me for a head on collision with a hillside. I did indeed go head on into the hill, and ricochet back out.
After I got a hold of my father, we pulled the car to the side of the road and called up AAA. I don't care how much of a man you think you are, you will break down when you see your mother after your first major accident. As I waited for AAA with my father, my mother arrived from my house, about 40 minutes away, she got there in twenty. As my mother pulled up and rolled down her window, I broke down when I saw her eyes. I could just see how scared she was. It was the worst feeling in the world to see my mother like that. It was...bad.
After I got back to my grandmother's house, and I was calming down, my broth
er, Drew, called. Asking me how I was and such. And that was when it hit me, the only person that would be able to truly calm me down was half around the world. Rob later called me about three days later and told me "Dude, you fucked up your first car!" Hearing that was probably the most comforting thing I had heard all week. Just because I knew that he was really caring.

Post accident


Although this was all a really bad incident, I did get a new car. A new Subaru Outback. After the accident, I will never buy a non- Subaru car. Never. The AAA guy said the only reason that I was okay was because of how Subaru makes their cars...extremely safe and solid. Herego, only Subaru for me.

Here's my new car (:




1 comment:

  1. First, I am so thankful you are OK. What happened sucked, but being in one piece after it's all over is far more important. Whew!

    You did tear that car up. And the new one looks very nice. I'm a Subaru fan, but only through friends who love theirs.

    Boy, does this bring back memories! Only there was less car left when I got done.

    Catch you later!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete