Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Update!


Yes, that is my night stand. Yes, I do use 24 hour time always. Yes, I keep a starter dog from a Navy plane. And yes, I do have the Navy Seal next to my bed.





















Update on the past...*checks watch that isn't on my wrist*, er, we will just call it an update on the past. Haha.

So! I am back from Jamaica, obviously, it was a very interesting and fun vacation. A nice getaway from the stress from school,work, and the Navy. But, nevertheless, I am back to face it all.

Navy/School
Well, it has been decided that I will be graduating high school, as well as shipping out,earlier than expected. I am now going to graduate in January. And hopefully, get shipped to Basic in late February/ Early January. I feel this is the best move I can make given my current situation and the fact that I am eligible for early graduation. Therefore, I have been very busy, and expect to be busy throughout the remainder of this year, the summer, and of course, my last semester at Cicero-North Syracuse High School.
I am really happy that I made this decision. I feel as though it will allow me to really be all that I can be. A standard school setting just isn't for me. And I am perfectly fine with that.
Also, I am currently waiting on my mentor, a Chief Petty Officer currently in the Military Journalism Program at S.U., to call me. He is reviewing my A.S.V.A.B. scores again, just to see what nudging he can do to help me get into the MC program. I am also very anxious about the possibility of being pushed into the program. I have been frequenting the program's headquarters at S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications lately. Almost weekly. Hopefully, all of this networking will help me in the long run, and well, if it doesn't, I still have some pretty great friends in the Navy with me.

Side Note: One of the reasons I chose the Navy was because of their very welcoming attitude. I have never met any Sailor,Recruiter, or Officer that hasn't been interested in me as a Sailor and my future(both during my service and after), down to Earth, and personable. I am not just a contract number to my superiors, I am a person. And that is one of the reasons I went Navy.

Work

Also, I am no longer working Trappers. I quit last weekend. Mostly because the Ice Cream Stand opens this weekend, and I want to be able to devote all of my time to my primary,and favoured, place of employment. Just a heads up.


Adios!

Well, I guess that is all for now. Thanks for reading. I will write again when something comes up...or if I need to spill my emotions. Haha,

Here is a song that has been toying with my head lately. Gosh darn, it makes me cry almost every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment