Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Seamen Recruit Christopher Drummond

     Has a nice ring to it don't it? Well I have taken my ASVAB, decided my rating, have set a DEP contract signing date, and have decided that I am ready to serve in the United States Navy.
   
     With my ASVAB score, as of now, I am set to become an Interior Communications Electrician. I will be dealing with phone lines and networks, and the such. I am currently 7 points away from qualifying for MC(Mass Communications), therefore, MC is a backup and will only become my rating if my recruiter's sponsorship is approved by the DoD. So currently, IC is the way I will go in. I will sign my Delayed Entry Program contract, which is essentially a letter of intent...except if I break it, I can go to jail, in July of this year. And I will ship out to boot camp around late July/early August of next year(I will get an approx. ship date when I sign).
   
      I am extremely excited about joining and shipping off, but mostly, serving my nation and her people. I am honoured to qualify for all of the ratings I qualify for and to join.

I shall post more later with more information. Only 100ish days until I sign my DEP contract. :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Navy? Bold move Christopher. You will be opening a new chapter (or maybe a whole new book) Congrats on your scores!

    ReplyDelete