Monday, December 31, 2012

Marriage

Every once in a while I think about marriage. Randomly it seems. I have very mixed feelings about the idea. Regardless of the fact that it is now legal in my state, I am still confuzzeled about my belief in marriage.

On one hand, I really want a wedding. I love them. The fun and excitement that come with them. Along with the reunions of people that occur. And the fact that you can invite pretty much anyone that has every meant anything to you. And they have to come regardless of how they feel about each other.

On the flip side, I am not really sure that I want to be a single entity, both legally and finanically, with someone else for the rest of my life. I am not completely confident that I can trust another person enough to make this commitment to them. I assume that the trust will build to the point where I will feel comforatble eventually. But still. It is not that I have commitment issues, it is also the idea that if I fall out of love with someone it will become a major legal issue and will effect the rest of my life.

It is just ALOT of commitment, and is obviosuly something that the should not be entered lightly.
Maybe someday, I will feel confident enough with another man to enter this commitment portal.

No comments:

Post a Comment